Fill in the blanks type question with answers to check you computer knowledge try and comment your suggestion or complaints
51. Between PCs and Macs, the ____________ is the platform of choice for graphic design and animation.
52. The ____________ is the program that manages the hardware of the computer system, including the CPU, memory, storage devices, and input/output devices.
Answer: operating system
53. The type of operating system software you use depends on your computers€™s ____________.
54. ____________software helps you carry out tasks, such as typing a document or creating a spreadsheet.
55. ____________are the fastest and most expensive computers.
56. A ____________ is approximately 1,000 bytes.
57. Input devices are used to provide the steps and tasks the computer needs to process data, and these steps and tasks are called ____________.
58. A computer gathers data, processes it, outputs the data or information, and ____________ the data or information.
59. The binary language consists of two digits: ____________ and ____________.
Answer: 0 and 1
60. A string of ____________ 0s and 1s is called a byte.
Answer: eight (8)
61. The devices you use to enter data into a computer system are known as ____________ devices.
62. The devices on a computer system that let you see the processed information are known as ____________ devices.
63. ____________ is the set of computer instructions or programs that enables the hardware to perform different tasks.
64. When you connect to the ____________, your computer is communicating with a server at your Internet service provider (ISP).
65. ____________ are computers that excel at executing many different computer programs at the same time.
66. ____________is the application of computer systems and techniques to gather legal evidence.
Answer: Computer forensics
67. ____________ is the science that attempts to create machines that will emulate the human thought process.
Answer: Artificial intelligence (AI)
68. Macintosh computers use the Macintosh operating system (Mac OS), whereas PCs generally run ____________ as an operating system.
Answer: Microsoft Windows
69. A process known as ____________ tracks trends and allows retailers to respond to consumer buying patterns.
Answer: data mining
70. Hard disk drives and CD drives are examples of ____________ devices.
71. You would use ____________ software to create spreadsheets, type documents, and edit photos.
72. ____________ are computers that support hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously.
73. ____________ is the term given to the act of stealing someoneâ€™s identity and ruining their credit rating.
Answer: Identity theft
74. Surgeons are using ____________ to guide robots to perform delicate surgery.
75. Patient ____________ are life-sized mannequins that have a pulse and a heartbeat and respond to procedures just like humans.